Lunasin and Epigenetics
What is Lunasin? A naturally occurring peptide.
How does it work? Lunasin is the first compound identified to work at the epigenetic level to promote optimal health. To learn more about lunasin and epigenetics view the video.
Problem is, even when you know what you are supposed to do – eat right, exercise, reduce stress, etc. – life sometimes gets in the way!
What if… there was a simple, proven way to turn good genes on, turn bad genes off and become your best possible you? To improve upon the genetic code your parents left you and even pass those healthy epigenetics on to your own kids?
Every cell in your body contains DNA – half from your mom, half from your dad. That’s your genome, the genetic blueprint that makes you you.
So what makes different cells perform different functions? The answer lies in your epigenome, a higher level of complexity within the cell. The epigenome consists of DNA packaging material and works as a series of genetic switches. It determines cell function by signaling your genome which genes to turn on and off.
The epigenome also influences how well each cell functions. In the epigenome, the right lifestyle choices trigger healthy gene expression — the healthy genes get switched on, the unhealthy ones get switched off. So while you can’t change your DNA blueprint, you can influence the way that DNA expresses itself.
- Lunasin is the first nutritional compound identified to affect gene expression and promote optimal health at the epigenetic level.
- LunaRich® from Reliv optimizes bioactive lunasin more than any other source available today.
- Reliv owns exclusive rights to LunaRich and the lunasin technology used to create it.
- Numerous independent studies demonstrate lunasin’s superior support for cancer-preventive effects, cardiovascular health, immune system support, significant anti-inflammatory properties, anti-aging, skin health, and more…
Health Benefits of Lunasin (PDF)
1997-2012: Fifteen Years of Research on Peptide Lunasin
Recognized by the American Heart Association! Circulation
Need Proof? LunaRich marks the culmination of an extensive research and development process that began with the discovery of the lunasin peptide in 1996. It is now one of the most heavily researched and scientifically supported nutritional compounds available today.
• 30+ Research institutions • 20+ Funding sources • 80+ Published papers