/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Wealth-Thru-Nutrition-Logo_Wellness-Wave_Website-Logo.jpg 0 0 John Curtin /wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Wealth-Thru-Nutrition-Logo_Wellness-Wave_Website-Logo.jpg John Curtin2011-06-30 08:45:002015-12-18 12:22:42Nectarines: A Smart Summer Snack
Nectarines: A Smart Summer Snack
The nectarine is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) fruit of the month in July. Include nectarines on your dinner table and in your lunch bag this month. They’re a great source of nutrients necessary for optimal health!
• Vitamin A. This retinoid plays a key role in cellular growth and vision.
• Vitamin C. This antioxidant is necessary for the formation of collagen in bones, cartilage, muscles and blood vessels. It also has been shown to prevent or reduce the duration of the common cold.
• Fiber. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute, dietary fiber promotes longevity by decreasing risk of cardiovascular, infectious and respiratory diseases. Fiber’s widespread benefits also include aiding digestion and promoting weight loss.
• Niacin. This B vitamin helps convert carbohydrates into usable energy and plays an important role in the nervous system, digestive system. It also promotes skin, hair and eye health. Many studies show niacin may even increase HDL (good) cholesterol.
Tips for adding to nectarines to your day:
• Shake-up breakfast. Add a cup of sliced nectarines and a cup of ice to your morning Reliv shake and blend. For a filling meal replacement, add a scoop of Slimplicity.
• Snack on the go. Grab a nectarine and a handful of Relivables Soy Nuts for a quick bite with plenty of fiber and protein.
• Save for later. To enjoy this summer fruit throughout the year, arrange whole or sliced nectarines on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer. Once frozen, store the nectarines in a plastic bag. When you’re ready to eat, run the nectarine under cold water to remove the skin. Prepare frozen nectarines as usual.
Enjoy a healthier, more active lifestyle with Reliv. Order now.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!